Photoset with 1 note
WIP: Game of Thrones MKAL - Week 4
The “front” is done now. Considering there is probably only one clue left (maybe two), I’m really impressed with how mysterious this KAL project is. There is going to be a “back” section with a button band to go with the buttonholes on the front, but that’s all I know. It’s one of three things, a) a bizarre cowl with “chain maille” flaps over the top of the chest, b) a hood that has a fitted section of “maille” around the neck, or c) some kind of helm that you can button up to cover part of the face with “maille.” I hope it doesn’t look to ridiculous. Also, I’d like to know what it is so I can start picking out buttons.
This is my first MKAL, and it’s also the first KAL that I’ve had much interest in following. I normally just work on projects by myself. So far I’ve learned that it’s kind of fun to just have a pattern and no other information, but I didn’t like the general sense of panic caused by this week’s clue. I was, however, pretty proud that I knew there was an error in the directions and figured out what the lace pattern should be on my own. I just wish there hadn’t been an error.
I tried a new bind off for the font piece that someone suggested on Ravelry. I really like how it turned out. It’s the Icelandic Bind Off, and makes a very neat, yet stretchy edge. :)